Waldegrave Road 115-119
Road: Waldegrave Road
Nos. 115-119: Three similar large double-fronted detached villas probably all built at the same time, with a date of 1870 in the description of the former Survey by the Teddington Society for no. 119. All are 2-storey and have bands of decorative brickwork between the storeys and below the roof, and sash windows.
No. 115: Built of red brick with a wooden side outer staircase leading to the entrance to 3 flats. Wooden porch. Rounded window above central front door and a square bay to the left hand side and a splayed bay on the right of the ground floor. Slate roof.
No. 117: In the 1970s Survey this house was called Glendower. It is built of stock brick, with rendered panels round the ground floor windows with foliage capitals. Now divided into 3 flats. Decorative wooden porch, rounded central window and double sash windows either side of upper floor, splayed bays on the lower floor with sash windows. Slate gabled roof.
No. 119: This detached house built of stock brick has a much simpler design with no decorative red brickwork. It has a gabled slate roof and five plain sash windows on upper floor. Sash windows in splayed bays on the ground floor. Apparently still a single dwelling in 2013. In the 1970s it had a garage but there is no sign of one now.
This page is part of the Directory of Buildings of Townscape Merit (BTMs) and Listed Buildings in Teddington assembled by the Planning and History Groups of The Teddington Society. Click on any photo for a higher resolution version. Copyright for the material on this page rests with the contributor.