Kingston Road "Church of the Sacred Heart"
Road: Kingston Road
Property: "Church of the Sacred Heart"
A classical style red brick church with stone dressings designed by John Kelly, of the Leeds firm Kelly & Birchall. The church opened in 1893. It had five bays with a nave, aisles, and a short apsidal chancel. In 1934–35, the church was extended westwards, adding a further two bays to accommodate a presbytery. In 2009, the interior of the church was completely refurbished.
This page is part of the Directory of Buildings of Townscape Merit (BTMs) and Listed Buildings in Teddington assembled by the Planning and History Groups of The Teddington Society. Click on any photo for a higher resolution version. Copyright for the material on this page rests with the contributor.