Elfin Grove

From Tedsoc Wiki
Revision as of 17:11, 2 November 2014 by Cphicks (talk | contribs) (Text replace - "’" to "'")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This page is part of the Directory of Buildings of Townscape Merit (BTMs) and Listed Buildings in Teddington assembled by the Planning and History Groups of The Teddington Society. You can view Elfin Grove on Google Maps.

In the Teddington Society's Survey in the 1970s, Jenny Hilton described Elfin Grove as a small rather derelict cul-de-sac. It is situated off Broad Street and is now a mixture of residential properties at the far end together with access to the rear of some retail outlets and a car park. It is thought the name Elfin comes from the name of the architect Lawrence Finn. The road used to contain Teddington's Cottage Hospital known as the Teddington and Hampton Wick Memorial Hospital which operated from 1876 to 1929. The present hospital is now situated in Hampton Road.

The properties in this road designated by the Council on their website as Buildings of Townscape Merit are: