Clarence Road 23, "Craig Hall"
Clarence Road 23 (Craig Hall) was built in 1859 for use as a Wesleyan Chapel. In 1879 the Wesleyan congregation moved from the building to their newly built church (opened 1 July 1879) at the junction of Hampton Road, Teddington and Stanley Road (now Teddington Methodist Church). According to the Silver Jubilee (1904) history of Teddington Baptist Church, the vacant chapel was then purchased by John Cornelius Park who offered it to a Baptist congregation for £20 a year but allowed them to have it for two years at that rent when he realised they could not afford the asking price. Teddington Baptist Church (as it is now known) used Craig Hall until 1884 when they moved to their new site at the junction of Church Road, Teddington and Walpole Crescent. On that site they erected a tin tabernacle which was opened on 30 March 1884. In 1904 the building was in use as a Police Court. In the 1911 Census it is "23 Clarence Road" and described as a "unoccupied Drill Hall".
Craig Hall was designated a Building of Townscape Merit in 1983 at which time it was in use as a community hall accommodating over the years a number of activities including the Playwam playgroup (from 1969) and the occasional theatrical performance (e.g. by the Youth Action Theatre in 1977 and 1980 - see: http://www.yat.org.uk/productions/index.php3?sid=50). In 2001, Richmond Council (which at that date owned Craig Hall) decided it was no longer needed as a community hall and decided to sell it. It was described by the Council during the planning process (2001-2003) as having been "constructed in 1859 in a classical style having mock columns, entablature and pediment." In 2004, Craig Hall was converted into two separate dwellings and the name was dropped from the front portico