Church Road, Teddington
This page is part of the Directory of Buildings of Townscape Merit (BTMs) and Listed Buildings in Teddington assembled by the Planning and History Groups of The Teddington Society. You can view Church Road, Teddington on Google Maps.
The church of St Peter and St Paul was demolished towards the end of the 1970 and the site developed with shops and offices with flats facing on to Broad Street and named Teddington House. An entrance to an associated parking bay and delivery entrance for Boots and Lavells, named Richmond Mews, leads off Church Road.
Church Road runs roughly north to south, parallel to the railway, from Shacklegate Lane to the north and Broad Street at the south end. The road was cut in about 1860 after the sale of the manor of Teddington. For further details, historical information & photographs, consult the work done by Mrs M Harper of no. 106 Church Road for the Twickenham History Society. 9 May 1983, Mrs Eileen Pilborough)
The properties in this road designated by the Council on their website as Buildings of Townscape Merit are:
- Church Road 17, "Teddington Baptist Church"
- Church Road 16
- Church Road 22-26
- Church Road 28
- Church Road 30