Difference between revisions of "Church Road, Teddington"

From Tedsoc Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 12: Line 12:
  
 
The church of St Peter and St Paul was demolished towards the end of the 1970 and the site developed with shops and offices with flats  
 
The church of St Peter and St Paul was demolished towards the end of the 1970 and the site developed with shops and offices with flats  
facing on to Broad Street and named Teddington House. An entrance to an associated parking bay and delivery entrance for Boots and Lavells, named Richmond Mews, leads off Church Road.    (May 1983, Mrs Eileen Pilborough)
+
facing on to Broad Street and named Teddington House. An entrance to an associated parking bay and delivery entrance for Boots and Lavells, named Richmond Mews, leads off Church Road.     
 
+
Church Road runs roughly north to south, parallel to the railway, from Shacklegate Lane to the north and Broad Street at the south end. The road was cut in about 1860 after the sale of the manor of Teddington. For further details, historical information & photographs, consult the work done by Mrs M Harper of 106 Church Rd for the Twickenham History Society.      (May 1983, Mrs Eileen Pilborough)
Church Road runs roughly north to south, parallel to the railway, from Shacklegate Lane to the north and Broad Street at the south end. The road was cut in about 1860 after the sale of the manor of Teddington.
+
  
  

Revision as of 16:09, 14 July 2013

This page is part of the Directory of Buildings of Townscape Merit (BTMs) and Listed Buildings in Teddington assembled by the Planning and History Groups of The Teddington Society. You can view Church Road, Teddington on Google Maps. The properties in this road designated by the Council on their website as Buildings of Townscape Merit are:

Church Road, Teddington Nos 76/78 (Abercorn Arms Public House), 108-112 even & Teddington Baptist Church

The church of St Peter and St Paul was demolished towards the end of the 1970 and the site developed with shops and offices with flats facing on to Broad Street and named Teddington House. An entrance to an associated parking bay and delivery entrance for Boots and Lavells, named Richmond Mews, leads off Church Road. Church Road runs roughly north to south, parallel to the railway, from Shacklegate Lane to the north and Broad Street at the south end. The road was cut in about 1860 after the sale of the manor of Teddington. For further details, historical information & photographs, consult the work done by Mrs M Harper of 106 Church Rd for the Twickenham History Society. (May 1983, Mrs Eileen Pilborough)


Click below for the page about each Building of Townscape Merit in this road for which we have already gathered information: