Difference between revisions of "Church Road, Teddington"

From Tedsoc Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(40 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
This page is part of the local [[Directory of Buildings of Townscape Merit]] assembled by the [[Planning Group]] of [http://wwwteddingtonsociety.org.uk The Teddington Society]. Click below for the page about each Building of Townscape Merit in this road.
+
This page is part of the [[Directory of Buildings of Townscape Merit (BTMs) and Listed Buildings]] in Teddington
* [[Teddington Baptist Church]]
+
assembled by the [[Planning Group|Planning]] and [[History Group|History]] Groups of [http://wwwteddingtonsociety.org.uk The Teddington Society].  
 +
You can view {{PAGENAME}} on [http://g.co/maps/89qmk Google Maps]. 
 +
 
 +
The church of St Peter and St Paul was demolished towards the end of the 1970 and the site developed with shops and offices with flats facing on to [[Broad Street]] and named Teddington House. An entrance to an associated parking bay and delivery entrance for Boots and Lavells, named Richmond Mews, leads off Church Road.
 +
 
 +
Church Road runs roughly north to south, parallel to the railway, from [[Shacklegate Lane]] to the north and [[Broad Street]] at the south end. The road was cut in about 1860 after the sale of the manor of Teddington. For further details, historical information & photographs, consult the work done by Mrs M Harper of no. 106 Church Road for the Twickenham History Society. 9 May 1983, Mrs Eileen Pilborough)
 +
 +
The properties in this road designated by the Council on their [http://www.richmond.gov.uk/home/services/planning/listed_buildings/locally_listed_buildings.htm website] as Buildings of Townscape Merit are:
 +
 
 +
* [[Church Road 17, "Teddington Baptist Church"]]
 +
* [[Church Road 31]]
 +
* [[Church Road 76-78, "The Abercorn Arms"]]
 +
* [[Church Road 108-110]]
 +
* [[Church Road 112]]
 +
 
 +
 
 +
[[Category:BTMs]]
 +
[[Category:Roads]]

Latest revision as of 20:32, 9 May 2019

This page is part of the Directory of Buildings of Townscape Merit (BTMs) and Listed Buildings in Teddington assembled by the Planning and History Groups of The Teddington Society. You can view Church Road, Teddington on Google Maps.

The church of St Peter and St Paul was demolished towards the end of the 1970 and the site developed with shops and offices with flats facing on to Broad Street and named Teddington House. An entrance to an associated parking bay and delivery entrance for Boots and Lavells, named Richmond Mews, leads off Church Road.

Church Road runs roughly north to south, parallel to the railway, from Shacklegate Lane to the north and Broad Street at the south end. The road was cut in about 1860 after the sale of the manor of Teddington. For further details, historical information & photographs, consult the work done by Mrs M Harper of no. 106 Church Road for the Twickenham History Society. 9 May 1983, Mrs Eileen Pilborough)

The properties in this road designated by the Council on their website as Buildings of Townscape Merit are: