The WW1 War Memorial of Teddington Council School
Teddington Council School first opened on the current Stanley Primary School site in Stanley Road in 1907.
The WW1 war memorial commemorates pupils and masters from Teddington Council School and was erected in 1920.
The names listed below are as they currently appear (or appeared before they became illegible) on the war memorial.
The correct names are on the individual page listings.
To The Old Boys Of This School
Who On The Threshold Of Manhood
Gave Their Lives In The
Great War 1914 - 1919
Leaving A Glorious Memory And An
They Played The Game To The End
(The quote 'They played the game to the end' is a reference to a poem by Sir Henry Newbolt)
The school war memorial is now a listed monument - for details click here.
On the War Memorial are the following names:
This page is part of the Online WW1 War Memorial for Teddington developed by the History Group of The Teddington Society. Click on any photo for a higher resolution version. Please send any corrections or additional information by email to David Neller at DaveNeller@aol.com. Copyright for the material on this page rests with the contributor. Click to return to the Home page for the Online WW1 War Memorial for Teddington.