Park Road 65-69

From Tedsoc Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
65-69 Park Road

Road: Park Road, Teddington

Property: 65-69

No. 65: Originally, together with nos. 67 and 69, known as Ebury Villas, this house being no. 1 Ebury Villas. Terraced cottage of yellow brick with slate roof and casement dormer windows. The two lower floors have sash windows. Modernised in 20th century. Residents: W.H. Alexander, 1868-69, 1873; William Alexander, retired coach builder, and his wife Jane, 1871, Thomas Mills, 1881; as sanitary engineer/inspector, 1891; Arthur Argyle, 1898-99; E. Macdonald, 1907.

No. 69: Originally, together with nos. 65 and 67, known as "Ebury Villas", this house being no. 3 Ebury Villas. Terraced cottage of yellow brick with slate roof and casement dormer windows. The two lower floors have sash windows. Modernised in 20th century. Residents: Mrs. J. Baker; Ellen (Eleanor) Skinner, widow, lodging house keeper, 1871; 1873, 1881; James Stokes Laxton, chemist, 1891; John Dawson, 1894-5; Miss Olive Briggs (school), 1898-99, ladies' boarding school (Ebury House), 1907.


This page is part of the Directory of Buildings of Townscape Merit (BTMs) and Listed Buildings in Teddington assembled by the Planning and History Groups of The Teddington Society. Click on any photo for a higher resolution version. Copyright for the material on this page rests with the contributor.