Hampton Road 8-16
Road: Hampton Road, Teddington
According to Paddy Ching of the Teddington Society these houses were built sometime in the 1880s or 90s and were once the Huntington House private school. Sadly the roofline has now changed and the corner turrets with their dormer windows have gone.
The TeddSoc 1973 Survey wrote:
"Nos. 8-10: Villas, semi-detached, ornate, 3-storey with basement. Bay on ground and basement floors. Of stock brick and slate with stunted slate-clad towers with dormer windows. Late Victorian. No. 8 has 'Methodist Church House' inscribed over doorway and a large extension with modern flat-roofed red brick church attached. The church extension was built in 1952 following bomb damage to an earlier building.
Nos. 12-14: Villas, semi-detached, ornate, 3-storey and basements, of stock brick and slate, with bays at ground floor and basement levels and steps to front doors. Late Victorian.
No. 16: Detached villa, double-fronted, 2-storey with modern attic room in roof. Of stock brick and slate. Partly converted for use as doctor's surgery. Separate garage. Built c. 1903."
This page is part of the Directory of Buildings of Townscape Merit (BTMs) and Listed Buildings in Teddington assembled by the Planning and History Groups of The Teddington Society. Click on any photo for a higher resolution version. Copyright for the material on this page rests with the contributor.