Church Road 31

From Tedsoc Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
31 Church Road

Road: Church Road, Teddington

Property: 31

This is a semi-detached brick building with decorative carved stonework around a large vehicle entrance on the left side. A stone panel between the ground and upper floor is carved with the words: C H MOSS 1884 MONUMENTAL MASON. The original central front door has been bricked up and the former residential accommodation on the right hand side and the upper floor appears to be used for office work or storage. The large entrance at the left is closed by a plain wooden door. The building is currently (2015) used by J & J Landscaping Services.

From the 1970 Teddington Society Survey; Double-fronted (attached to No. 33) house built pre-1893 – red brick with white ornamentation. Central door with ground and first floor bays on right side. On left side is a shallow arched carriage-way to the rear. This is signposted "S & J Motors" and refers to their premises set behind and out of sight.


This page is part of the Directory of Buildings of Townscape Merit (BTMs) and Listed Buildings in Teddington assembled by the Planning and History Groups of The Teddington Society. Click on any photo for a higher resolution version. Copyright for the material on this page rests with the contributor.