Broom Road 3, "The Anglers"
Road: Broom Road
Property: 3, "The Anglers" Inn
This is a tiled-roofed, white stucco Georgian style building with a side extension at right angles to the Broom Road frontage. There are other extensions and small adjacent service buildings in the grounds facing the river. There is also a pontoon landing stage to enable boating crews to access the pub. It is recorded that in 1828 Mr Kemp, a fisherman who lived in the house at that time, started selling beer to other fishermen, and this developed into the large business it is today (2013).
This page is part of the Directory of Buildings of Townscape Merit (BTMs) and Listed Buildings in Teddington assembled by the Planning and History Groups of The Teddington Society. Click on any photo for a higher resolution version. Copyright for the material on this page rests with the contributor.